Today we will talk about the dental treatments available at the different dental treatment facilities in all major services.
1. Tooth cleaning (oral prophylaxis): This is a procedure in which bacterial plaque and tartar is removed from the surface of the teeth with the help of scaling and polishing. Oral prophylaxis has gained tremendous popularity in recent years due to the introduction of ultrasonic scaling instruments and other high-tech devices.
2. Tooth filling (restoration): A dental filling is a type of restorative dentistry treatment used to repair minimal tooth fractures, tooth decay or otherwise damaged surfaces of the teeth.
3. Root canal treatment: Root canal treatment refers to the process by which a dentist treats the inner aspects of a tooth specifically that area inside a tooth that is occupied by its pulp tissue.
4. Tooth extraction: A tooth that is severely damaged may need to be removed.
5. Prosthodontics: Prosthodontics is the dental specialty pertaining to the diagnosis, treatment planning, rehabilitation and maintenance of the oral function, comfort, appearance and health of patients using biocompatible substitutes.
6. Orthodontics: Orthodontics is the specialty of dentistry that is concerned with the study and treatment of male occlusions, improper bites which may be a result of tooth irregularity disproportionate jaw relationships or both.
7. Pediatric dentistry: Care of the children’s teeth which include topical application of fluoride on teeth, sealants on permanent molars and premolars.
8. Temporomandibular joint therapy: A group of conditions that cause pain in and around the jaw joint and nearby muscles is called TMD or temporomandibular joint disorder. Along with other non-surgical treatments, medication options may help relieve the pain associated with TMD disorders. Non-drug therapies may also be done including use of oral splints or mouth guards, occlusal appliances and home care instructions for physical exercises to stretch and strengthen jaw muscles.
Consult the dentist at your dental treatment facility and avail of these treatments for a sweeter smile and a better oral health.